Ob Zoo, Hafenrundfahrt oder Sportevent: In Duisburg finden Gäste eine Vielzahl attraktiver Freizeitangebote.
Zahlreiche Museen und Sehenswürdigkeiten erinnern an die große Industriegeschichte der Region. Erholung Suchenden empfiehlt sich ein Ausflug zur Sechs-Seen-Platte. Aber auch der die Jugendherberge umgebende Landschaftspark ist ein lohnendes Ziel.
Leisure facilities in the youth hostel
- Table tennis
- Table football
- DVD player
- Video recorder
- Bistro (on request)
Leisure facilities in the Landschaftspark Duisburg-Nord
The North Duisburg Landscape Park is now an activity centre on the "European Route of Industrial Heritage". Formerly smoking chimneys combine with nature to make a unique setting with lots of potential for action. At the heart of the park is a decommissioned smelting works. Numerous attractions have been developed on this site that enable visitors to take part in a variety of leisure activities: climbing in the old ore bunkers, climbing up a blast furnace or diving in the gasometer! The big adventure playground is particularly enjoyable for younger visitors. Every night, a light performance by British artist Jonathan Park transforms the smelting works into a fantastic light show.
- Tours by torchlight (weekends)
- High-profile cultural events
- Climbing the ore bunkers
- Diving in the gasometer
- Half pipe and adventure playground
- High ropes course
- Observation tower in the blast furnace
Leisure facilities in the region
Duisburg is a vibrant hub of industry, culture, education and sport - you can get to the town and all its sights in just 40 minutes. The world's largest inland port, now transformed into an attractive urban neighbourhood, is particularly worth a visit. In addition to restaurants and shops, there's the Küppersmühle that now houses an extensive art collection, as well as the cultural and local history museum that will take you on a unique journey. Are you in Duisburg with your whole family? Then visit the world-famous zoo! Recreation seekers should visit the Sechs-Seen Platte (Six Lakes) to the south of Duisburg: the largest recreational area in the Greater Duisburg area offers outdoor swimming pools and water sports of all kinds as well as a great diversity of species and habitats for long walks in nature. Shoppers can get to CENTRO Oberhausen and its numerous shops in just 30 minutes.
- Ahoy on the Rhine & Ruhr: Museum of German Inland Navigation (about 40 minutes by public transport)
- Mercator's great moment of cartography: Culture and Local History Museum (about 40 minutes by public transport)
- Industrial culture live: the Ruhr area and all its attractions (easily accessible by bicycle or by public transport)
- World's largest inland port: Port of Duisburg (about 40 minutes by public transport)
- Beastly good: Duisburg Zoo (about 40 minutes by public transport)
- Sculptures in nature: Lehmbruck Museum - European Centre for Modern Sculpture (about 30 minutes by public transport)
- Shopping experience: Centro Oberhausen (about 40 minutes by public transport/30 minutes by bicycle)
- High in the sky: Gasometer Oberhausen (about 40 minutes by public transport/30 minutes by bicycle)